1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. onion, chopped
2/3 c. water
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14-1/2 oz. can Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
6 flour tortillas
1 16-oz. can refried beans
3 c. shredded cheese, Mexican blend
Start browning the beef (I'm using moose hamburger).
Chop up the green pepper and onion, and cook them along with the browning beef.
After draining the meat, return skillet to stove and add the taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in the tomatoes and beans. (I didn't have black beans on hand, so I used kidney beans instead.)
Mix everything together, then simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Grease a 13x9x2 baking dish and place the first layer: tortillas.
Spread 1/3 of the refried beans over tortillas.
Spoon 1/3 of the meat mixture over refried beans.
It's starting to look good!
Next layer: cheese.
Don't be stingy with that cheese!
Repeat layers twice more. I finish it off with 6 slices of cheddar, arranged on top (think squares of mozarella on the top of lasagna). Cover the dish with aluminum foil and stick it in a 350 oven for 25 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment